19 September 2026

Preparation

I know it would have been a distraction from plot development, so I’m not proposing any change to the movie, but am I the only one to wonder, on seeing the self-driving cars in Minority Report, if they still run on gasoline?
Porridger’s Almanack (Breakfast of Ganglions)
The readiness is all.
— Hamlet

Sixteen years ago this past Friday: 18 Sep 2010 Just booked my flight to Rochester for the première of the Viola Sonata opus 102.
There have been non-musical activities enough that there has been no brooding, as such, but there is no denying that the months following the April King’s Chapel concert have shown me my limitations as a forecaster of what I might expect. That said, while the process of getting from A to B was mostly an experience of bewilderment, in terms of Henningmusick, at least, the program we are putting together for 28 October is just what I wished. I am not pleased that circumstances forced me to disappoint fellow composers who have furnished pieces whose performance I feel we have to delay, and I wish we might have found a second date on which to repeat the program, mais c'est la vie.
The most important facts, for which I have ample occasion to be grateful are firstly, that I enjoy the privilege of working with excellent colleagues who are unfailingly enormously supportive. And secondly, that the Woburn Public Library is so welcoming to our making music in their beautiful space.
First rehearsal tomorrow. I mean, not absolutely the first rehearsal, as we've read a couple og the pieces a vew months ago, but it’s the first of our freshly linked tranche of rehearsals now that we have a firm concert date.



No comments: