12 January 2012

Gears slowly turning

A curious chain reaction sprang from a misprision. Our own Dana, the chappie who boldly commissioned, and yet more bravely premièred, the Viola Sonata, mistook me when I mentioned a quartet in my Facebook status.  Reminded me, though, that I promised a cellist that I would send something, and that the something I had in mind is a string quartet adaptation of the cello ensemble suite, It’s all in your head (not that that’s a bad place for everything to be); I think, actually, that it should fit a conventional quartet quite readily . . . just need to do the puttering in Sibelius.
 
A pianist/harpsichordist now in New York, whom I met when we were both choristers at St Paul’s, has responded with mild interest to my suggestion of Lunar Glare. He’ll be in Boston in a couple of months, so we’ll see what he thinks then.
 
And . . . now plotting the return of Henningmusick to Atlanta.
 

No comments: