30 August 2023

More Arrows Out of the Quiver

I don’t say I wouldn’t tell you, but I cannot deny that I am but a minor dude
Porridger’s Almanack (Breakfast of Ganglions)

For those of you who have never met me, you might call me ‘the under-nourished Alfred Hitchcock’...

— Rod Serling on Night Gallery


Somehow, the numerous disappointments of the past notwithstanding, I have felt motivated to put my musical neck on the chopping block again and am sending forth Henning scores both to prospective conductors (the band version of Ear Buds and In the Artist’s Studio (there’s a wide world in there) and a few calls for scores: the string version of Misapprehension (to two separate calls) and a Scene from White Nights; The Nerves and (again) In the Artist’s Studio (there’s a wide world in there.) There is another call to which I plan to send The Saltmarsh Stomp, but I’m waiting for a reply to a query. Of course, it may be that (yet again) nothing may come of it, but I’ve got the music in my portfolio, I should get it out there and in front of colleagues’ eyes.



No comments: