02 May 2014

Life synching with Art

So, in the car CD tray I've got the soundtrack album for Grosse Pointe Blank, which was playing both on my way to the train station this morning, and back from the train station this afternoon.  When I switched the ignition off (at approximately 17:10), the Guns 'n' Roses cover of "Live and Let Die" was playing.

So, I have a quick cup of tea, rest my eyes while listening to some music, lapse into genuine nap, awaken, have some supper, cue up Grosse Pointe Blank in the DVD tray. And (follow me here) just at the scene when the Guns 'n' Roses cover of "Live and Let Die" plays, my mom-in-law invites me to go grocery-shopping with her . . . and we get in the car, and the Guns 'n' Roses cover of "Live and Let Die" is playing.

That's all.

And, even allowing for the fact that the piece is second-tier Vaughan Williams, I am sure this does not do the piece credit . . . but I don't really remember the musical material of the Romance for harmonica and orchestra, I just know it signifies that the Fantasia on a Theme of Thomas Tallis is done . . . .

No comments: