14 September 2018

Never Stop

“And it is also said, Go not to the Elves for counsel, for they will say both no and yes.”
Frodo, having asked advice of the Noldo Gildor in exile

It is also said, Go not to Elvis for counsel, for he will say both love me tender and love me true.
Porridger’s Almanack (Breakfast of Ganglions)

Very pleased to report that participation in the church choir remains strong;  it is certainly true that having an organist who is (to say no more) both agreeable and competent helps a great deal there.  The fundamental fact is that the choir share a love for serving the congregation, and for working together harmoniously.  From an impartial, musical standpoint, the rehearsals are fun and productive, morale is good, and the congregation appreciates the musical quality.  It is a situation for which any church music director would be grateful.

There remains something of a question mark with Triad;  the strong expectation is that this stems mostly from the customarily spotty communication among the collective, plus the reduced capacity during the start of a new school year, but the question is–when do we start rehearsing?  (And, I suppose, the related question, where shall we rehearse?)  I expect a satisfactory resolution of it all, but it does feel a bit like floating loose at present.

Meanwhile, the imminent weekend is an apt time to get back into the swing of practicing clarinet, as we prepare for the King’s Chapel date in October.

Nothing from Verdant Vibes, but my expectations are nil on that head, and I don’t care who knows it.  Nor are those expectations any reflection on the quality of the music I submitted.

And . . . I’ve just now found 5 or 6 other calls to send music to.  I suppose the answer must be, just to keep sending.


No comments: