No matter. I’ll do whatever is necessary
For all the second-guessing and repairs on the string choir opening, when the woodwinds have an “answering fugato” later, I felt that the quintuplets are just right.
I made very slight local adjustments here and there as I brought the new Sibelius file up to date; I have found the Ur-text largely satisfactory withal.
My notes on Sunday’s draught of Intermezzo II:
- mm.15-18 are exactly what the original showed. I feel strongly that I need to do something here.
- mm.19-27 – Apart from the suspended cymbal stroke (m.21), this is literal from 2006. I rather think something is needed here, too.
- mm.28-34 are a slight elaboration upon the original. I think it works fine.
- mm.35-45 – Some minor additions (the piccolo & flute 2 lines, most notably). I really like this.
- [ D ] I feel that the seam requires some touch-up; otherwise, I am 80% sure I pretty much like it as is.
- [ E ] through [ G ] the picc is a new addition (so, yes: previously this was all straight timpani cadenza – which was quite possibly insane).
- [ G ] through [ H ] is literal from 2006, and I like it just fine.
- [ H ] through [ J ] – The only new touch is the English horn; I think all this good.
- [ J ] – Once this gets going, it’s just what I wish. mm. 114-115 are a recent modification; but I feel that the seam needs some further work.