13 June 2017

Onward through the Nights

One take: Serious resumption of work upon White Nights depends on my locating materials, sketches, outlines, plots, organizational graphs which I know I have not yet discarded, so that I keep the Big Picture in view.

Another take: Serious resumption of work upon White Nights depends on just writing, because I know the arc of the story, I can create the music which will suit, and it is just necessary to do The Work.

Yet another take: Resumption of work upon White Nights depends on not getting hung up over The Serious.

Even though, yesterday, I thought I should “need” a respite ... I just felt like writing a tune. I wrote it down this morning, but the start of it was in my inner ear yesterday afternoon.

That is, if the music is coming to me, I'd be a fool not to get to the work.

No comments: