23 May 2014

In the offing

Actual news item № 1: Olivia Kieffer (director of the Reinhardt University Percussion Ensemble) has My Island Home slated for a fall concert. As soon as I get a date, I shall try to plan a trip to the southlands; will try to interest Olivia in playing Just what everyone was expecting, too.

Actual news item № 2: The First Church Choir are singing two services as part of the American Guild of Organists convention here in late-ish June, and will sing the piece I wrote for them, Love is the spirit of this church. I am in touch with my publisher, as we are encouraged to sell our music at the venue; even keeping it to music related to FCB, I could see having five works of Henningmusick in the stalls.

One speculative bit: One of the singers from the New Bedford Symphony Chorus who sang the Alleluia in D at a pre-concert lecture has asked for Christmas music . . . I am trying to pitch Sweetest Ancient Cradle Song. We shall see . . . .

No comments: