15 February 2010

Discreet Update

You are lost the instant you know what the result will be.
Juan Gris

I dream my painting and then paint my dream.
Vincent Van Gogh


One slight inconvenience to having let go of Discreet Erasures in the middle of the task is, I’ve needed to examine the hand-drawn sketches closely, so that I understand perfectly where the work stands, in bringing the hand-written manuscript into the Sibelius environment.

Now, I have finished bringing music I had composed this past October (a passage I’ve called strings on the wing, as well as a contrapuntal section for woodwinds and first trumpet) into the Sibelius file. At this point, the running time of the piece so far is two minutes forty seconds, and there are eighteen pages of score. We are now ready to build into the score the next passage, which I have been preparing this past week, and which will broaden out the time-scale a bit.

No comments: